Components of Computer
The computer consists of several types of components that play an important role in computer functionality. These components of computer have their own unique role for giving accurate results instantly when a user enters an input command. Below is the diagram of computer components working in a systematic way:
Below are the components of computer:
- Input Unit — This unit includes devices through which we enter data or command into a computer. Examples of input units are Keyboards, Mouse, Joy Stick, Scanner, Light pen, Track Ball, etc.
- CPU(Central Processing Unit) — This unit is a brain of computers that plays an important role in processing the data in computer architecture. It performs all types of data processing tasks. It stores data, intermediate results, and instructions. It controls the functionalities of all parts of a computer. It includes:
- ALU(Arithmetic Logic Unit)
- Memory Unit
- CU(Control Unit)
- Output Unit — The output unit consists of devices that are useful for displaying or providing results from the computers. This unit is a bridge between the computer and the users. Output devices translate the computer’s output into a form of meaningful data to users. Monitor, Printer, Graphic Plotter, etc. are some common output units.
- Memory Unit — This unit is used to store instructions, data, and intermediate results on the computer. This unit supplies instructions to other units of the computer when needed. There are 2 types of memory:
- Internal Memory — This memory is the main in-built memory of a computer. This is also known as primary memory or Random Access Memory(RAM).
- External Memory — This is an external memory that is used to connect with a computer from outside of computers. Examples are hard disk, pen drive, DVD, CD, etc.
Watch an interesting video about components of computer below:
Computer accessories are those objects which connect with a computer system in order to make it more usable, attractive, and versatile. A computer system is of no use if it is not connected to its accessories. We can purchase numerous types of computer accessories from the market.
We can use several amazing accessories with our computer system. Below are the most used accessories all over the world:
- Hard Disks
- Pen Drives
- Wireless Scanner Mouse
- USB Vacuum Cleaner
- USB Lighter
- Bendable USB LED Light
- Laser Projection Mouse
There are many more accessories that are inventing day by day to make the usability of the computer more efficient.
Generally, there are 2 types of mouses used for the computer: wired and wireless. Let’s discuss the above-mentioned accessories one by one.
The mouse is a hand-operated input device used to manipulate objects on a computer screen. Moving a mouse on a flat surface can move the cursor to different items on the screen.
There are numerous types of mouse available in the market. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Mechanical mouse: Uses a hard rubber ball that rolls as the mouse is moved. Sensors inside the mouse body detect the movement and translate it into command that the computer interprets.
- Optical mouse: It uses an LED sensor to detect movement and then sends that information to the computer to operate as per movement.
- Infrared (IR) or radio frequency cordless mouse: With both these types, the mouse relays a signal to a base station wired to the computer’s mouse port. The cordless mouse requires power, which requires batteries.
- A mouse with many buttons: The extra buttons on mouse can be programmed to do specific things, such as to navigate the Web or turn pages when you’re reading a document. The typical mouse has about five buttons.
- Stylus mouse: The another type of mouse enjoyed by the artistic type work is the stylus mouse, which looks like a pen and draws on a special pad.
- Cordless 3-D mouse: This type of mouse can be pointed at the computer screen like a TV remote.
The keyboard is necessary for a computer whether it is personal or laptop as it is used for navigation, process instructions and consequently in version to. It is the best interface device that allows us to input the data. I would publicize that no Personal Computer is complete without a keyboard. Nowadays wireless keyboards are used because it reduces the net of wires around us and we can operate computer or laptop from limited distant places.
A hard disk drive (HDD) is a non-volatile computer storage device that contains magnetic disks or platters that rotate at high speeds. It is a secondary storage device used to store data permanently. Non-volatile means data is retained when the computer is turned off.
A hard disk assembled inside a computer case and is strongly attached with braces and screws to prevent it from being jarred as it spins. External hard disks are also available in the market with the help of which we can increase the storage capacity of the computer.
Pen drive is commonly known as a USB flash drive which is a portable device, which means it can be easily transferred from one location to another and due to its compact design, it looks like a pen shape and therefore it is named as a pen drive.
Pen drive is available in various storage capacity such as 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, and so on.
Printers and Scanners
A printer is an output device that captures text and graphic outputs from a computer and transmits the information to paper, usually to standard size sheets of paper. Printers vary in size, speed, and cost. In general, more expensive printers are used for higher-resolution color printing.
On the other hand, a scanner is an output device that captures images and text from photographic prints, posters, magazine pages, books, etc., and produces the scanned copies in the form of PDFs, Doc files, images, etc. High-resolution scanners are used for scanning high-resolution printing, but lower resolution scanners are enough for capturing images for computer display.
If we talk about a computer network, then a hub is the most basic networking device that connects multiple computers or other network devices together. It is different from a network switch or router, and therefore, a network hub has no routing tables or intelligence on where to send information and broadcasts all network data across each connection.
Wireless Scanner Mouse
Wireless Scanner Mouse is a 2-in-1 productivity input device. Just by few swipes, users can scan images, text, and tables; and EDIT them right away in Microsoft Word, Excel, or other applications. This device supports many OCR languages that allow users to translate in Google Translate right after scanning. Users can also share their scanned images instantly on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platform. With this wireless mouse, users are no longer bounded by electric wires and can scan whatever and wherever they like, which powered their efficiency in work.
It can easily scan a receipt, recipe, kids hand drawing, tax report, financial statement etc., and with this, scanning becomes more convenient for all.
Enhancing the market of scanner mouse, it has improved the technologies of scanner, computer mouse and wireless transmission technology together in a small gadget. With this small and portable scanner mouse, users don’t need to worry about the place they want to do the scanning. They can do scanning anywhere they want with ease.
USB Vacuum Cleaner
USB Vacuum Cleaner is one of the computer accessories that keep our PC, laptop, mobile phone, or tablet clean. This handy and cool USB gadget accessory is smartly designed with the curved form with a nozzle. We can use this computer vacuum cleaner to clean off the dirt from those unreachable corners and edges of monitors, keyboards, and other desktop areas. All we need to do is connect the vacuum cleaner to the USB port and switch on to turn it on. Below is the example of the USB Vacuum Cleaner accessory.
With this tiny vacuum cleaner, we get one bristle attachment and one flexible rubber attachment for a computer keyboard. The bristle attachment can be used to suck dirt and brush off residues from smooth surfaces on and around the laptop or PC. Insert the flexible rubber attachment of this laptop vacuum cleaner to intelligently suck off dirt from in between keyboard keys that are difficult to spot. For better results, this USB vacuum cleaner can also be set at a higher point by using the high power button for heavy suction of more strong dust and dirt particles. We can use the USB mini vacuum to clean our Computer peripherals and keep them looking brand new for a long time.
The smartly designed USB Lighter leaves us impressed by its uniqueness. It is made from plastic, and a kind electronic lighter which should be owned by any smoker to fulfill his need. The built of the lighter is pretty strong so we can use it for a long time. It features a flameless windproof light for lighting needs. No longer we have to face the problem of forgetting our lighter at home.
In addition, it has an USB port which can be used to charge the lighter. It has a long battery life as well, so we don’t need to worry about charging it again and again. Design and looks being windproof, it makes the USB Lighter flameless/windproof very efficient in use. We can even use it in a storm. Also, the lighter uses no gas making it extremely safe for us and people around us.
Bendable USB LED Light
Make your laptop or desktop tasks convenient at night with the innovative USB LED Light Lamp. It is an ideal choice for students and work-professionals who sit up late in the night for various work. The LED Light Lamp glows with clear light to help you study and work more effectively. The pure white light of this lamp adds sharp brightness for great visibility. You just need to plug-in its USB-pin into your laptop and it is ready to glow. Place the LED Light Lamp over your book or laptop keyboard for good accuracy with your work.
The USB LED Light can be carried anywhere because of its excessively compact design and light in weight profile. Silicone is its primary raw material that allows the LED Light Lamp to bend down to your content with ease. At 1.2 W power-input, the LED Light Lamp lives on less energy intake and helps to cut down your electricity bills. It is available in pocket-friendly prices and in different color-variants in the market.
That’s all for today! To read our interesting blogs on several types of gadgets, click here.