A large number of videos are created daily on devices like Smartphones, DSLR, CCTV, drone, dashcam, point and shoot, mirrorless, and camcorders, etc. Certainly, creating or recording a perfect video takes a lot of effort and time. But, what if when you try to access your recorded videos, you get a message that your videos have got corrupted or you can’t access your videos. Nothing would be frustrating at that moment. Don’t panic! You may fix the damaged or corrupt video files. In this post, we have articulated the best way to repair corrupted videos from any device efficiently. You may try out these methods and get your videos back without any data loss.
How to Repair Corrupt Videos?
Method 1: Repair with VLC
You may try fixing the corrupt or damaged videos with the help of the VLC Player. Follow the given steps to repair videos:
- OpenVLC Player and go to Media.
- ClickConvert/Save and then Add the corrupt file. (See Image 1)
- On the next prompt, click Convert or Save> Convert. (See Image 2)
- Choose a profile from the dropdown list.
- Click Edit Selected Profile, rename your output file, and click Start.
- If the video is not fixed, you may try attempting the next method.
Method 2: Replicate Video File to Acquire Accessibility
You may also try to replicate the video file for gaining accessibility. For doing so, you may follow the given steps:
- Right-click on the corrupt video file and select Rename. (See Image 3)
- Change the file format to AVI and hit Enter.
- Open VLC and follow Tools > Preferences. (See Image 4)
- Go to Input/Codecs and select Always Fix from the dropdown list under Damaged or incomplete AVI file. Click Save, and try to play the corrupt video file. (See Images 5)
Method 3: Use Powerful Video Repair Software
If you are not able to repair the corrupt videos with the above-mentioned methods, you may use an easy-to-use and powerful video repair software such as Stellar Repair for Video. This Do-it-yourself software can repair severely corrupt video files using sample files. The tool can restore video files on Windows 10 as well as macOS Catalina devices. Whether your videos got corrupt while shooting, transferring, editing, or conversion process, this software can easily repair it. The users may fix stuttering, flickering, blurry & other video problems with this tool and also can preview the repaired videos before saving them. The software supports external storage media devices including SD cards, USB flash drives, HDDs, and more. Follow the given steps:
- Download and run Stellar Repair for Video.
- From the open screen, Click Add file. (See Image 6)
- After adding damaged or corrupt video files to the software, click Repair. (See Image 7)
- Once the process is done, a Repair process completed message window appears. (See Image 8)
- Click Preview to see the repaired videos of the repaired files. (See Image 9)
- Click Save Repaired files, Browse to choose a destination and click Save. (See Image 10)
The video files can get corrupted due to malware attack, during the conversion to other file formats, server error or power failure, or sudden power surge while editing, playing, or transferring the videos. You may repair the corrupt video files with the methods like using the VLC media player or by replicating video file for gaining accessibility. However, the best way to repair corrupted videos from any device is by using video repair software such as Stellar Repair for Video. The software can also repair all video files created from DSLR, camcorders, CCTV, drone, dashcam, point and shoot, mirrorless, android or iPhone, and more.
- Top 6 Best Power Banks in India with Specs in 2020
- List of 10 Best Gaming Phones in 2020 | Best Android Phones for Gaming